In this update, we share two exciting new features that have just been released, plus a top tip for ensuring the web version of GeoOp runs smoothly.
GeoOp Unavailability Feature
We’ve just launched a new feature called ‘Unavailability’ in the web version of GeoOp. This feature enables you to schedule and manage your job bookings in relation to staff availability, making it easy for you to assign jobs only to your available staff (see image below).
Staff can enter their unavailable hours, such as annual leave, directly into GeoOp, giving you visibility over their schedules without you needing to enter that information in manually.
Here are some FAQs to provide you with more information on the Unavailability feature:
- Q: Will the Unavailability feature be available on the GeoOp mobile app?
A: Yes, it will be. It’s currently under development and due for release by July 2019.
- Q: What happens if I schedule a job with a team member who’s unavailable?
A: The job booking for the allocated staff member will appear in a different colour, underneath their unavailability in the schedule, so you’ll be able to clearly see which jobs need to be reassigned to another team member.
- Q: Is there a limit to the number of Unavailability categories that can be created?
A: There is no limit to the number of categories. You can create as many as you need.
- Q: Will the Unavailability feature be available in Geo?
A: Yes, this feature will be available in Geo in the future. We’ll keep you updated on when this will happen.
To learn more about this exciting new feature, click here
GeoOp fixes and enhancements
Here are the latest GeoOp fixes and enhancements:
- Schedule screen:An issue with the Schedule screen that prevented some jobs from showing up has now been fixed.
- JPEG attachments:You now have the ability to attach JPEG photos to job notes.
Top tip: What can I do if the web version of GeoOp is not responding?
If your browser is not responding when you try and log in to your GeoOp account, you may be experiencing what’s called a ‘cache’ issue. The browser cache is simply a place on your computer’s hard disk where the browser keeps data it has downloaded, in case it’s needed again.
Sometimes clearing the cache, or refreshing the page, will solve the issue:
- To clear the cache in Google Chrome, open your web browser, click on the ‘More’ symbol (3 dots) on the top right of your screen, click on ‘History’ and then select ‘Clear browsing data’.
- To refresh the page, hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard and press F5.
If this doesn’t resolve the problem, you may have an issue with unused extensions or plug-ins.
Just as too many apps can slow down your computer, too many plug-ins and extensions can do the same thing to your browser. They take up system resources and can even cause bugs and crashes. Extensions aren’t inherently bad – they can add genuinely useful features to your browser – but it’s a good idea to run an extension audit every so often and remove the ones you no longer need.
The process to remove unwanted browser plug-ins and extensions is straight forward. Here are the instructions for each browser:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/2589434?hl=en
- Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons
- Mac/Safari: http://osxdaily.com/2017/05/13/disable-safari-plug-ins-mac/
If you’re still experiencing issues, or need some guidance with these tips, please contact our Customer Support team.
In case you missed them here’s a quick summary of the fixes and enhancements that have been completed over the past month:
- Edit notes on the console
- Confirm company mobile number
- Syncing updates – Android devices
- Erasing timeouts – Android & iOS devices
- Push notification to always show on the mobile app
- Consolidate all reply to Company Email
- Client Code data
We’ve now released the Invoicing feature in Geo, our new job management software system. Invoicing will enable you to invoice all your recorded billables (time and materials) on a job, as well as add payments to these invoices. This can be done from either the web version or mobile app, allowing you to invoice a customer as soon as the job’s finished, so you get paid faster. To keep your financial information safe and secure, the Invoicing tab can only be viewed by your assigned Geo Administrators and Team Leaders.